Soooooo, I’m super excited! I’m down 15 lbs and 2.8% body fat! I have more energy, I’m happier, less anxious, just overall better. My cravings for fast food and other stuff have gone away. I didn’t even know that that was a thing.
So, I’ve heard so many things that ignorant people have said since I went vegan. Here is some of the list:
- Oh so you hate your life? What???? I love my life, duh, that’s why I did it! I want to be healthier and live a longer, better, more enjoyable life!
- hmmmm bacon is soooo good though! kk, enjoy it! I’m not stopping you, I promise.
- But vegan food has no flavor! ummm… no. You are so wrong if you actually believing that mess. I can make anything delicious and flavorful. I have so much variety and amazingness to my meals. It’s not all celery and carrot sticks people!’
- Tofu is gross though, you’re nasty. I mean, that’s your opinion. I think it’s funny though that some of the people that say that… haven’t actually TRIED tofu. Crispy buffalo tofu bites…. *drool*
- But protein!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, no offense or anything, but if you think that meat is the only way that you get protein, you are a complete and total idiot. 100 calories of ground beef has 4 grams of protein, 100 calories of spinach has 13 grams.
- black beans
- So I should just give you my lawn clippings, right? Sure dude, because I live off of salad. I think I’ve had 3-4 salads in the past month.
- There are so many things that you can’t eat anymore. Aren’t you going to miss it? No. Anything you can make, I can make vegan. That’s just how it is.
- Being vegan is soooooo expensive. I couldn’t imagine doing that. The most expensive things that most people buy as far as groceries go are meat, cheese, and eggs. Since I went vegan, I spend less at the grocery store.
- How long are you going to do that? Well, depends on how long I want to live healthy I guess.
- Vegans are weaker because they don’t eat meat.
So, next time you think you are being cute or funny by saying any of these things, 1. your opinion means nothing to me 2. you’re talking out of your ass 3. I didn’t become vegan without doing any research. 4. Not all vegans are all about save the animals, I know that my clothes are made from animal products and I don’t plan on eating my pants. 5. My decision to become vegan doesn’t have any effect on you at all so don’t worry about me.
Just because I decided to do something for myself that is much healthier doesn’t mean you have to try and put me down because you don’t agree with it. Do some research before you open your mouth. You do you and I’ll do me.
Bring each other up, don’t put each other down. Know better, do better.