Soooooo, I’m super excited! I’m down 15 lbs and 2.8% body fat! I have more energy, I’m happier, less anxious, just overall better. My cravings for fast food and other stuff have gone away. I didn’t even know that that was a thing.
So, I’ve heard so many things that ignorant people have said since I went vegan. Here is some of the list:
- Oh so you hate your life? What???? I love my life, duh, that’s why I did it! I want to be healthier and live a longer, better, more enjoyable life!
- hmmmm bacon is soooo good though! kk, enjoy it! I’m not stopping you, I promise.
- But vegan food has no flavor! ummm… no. You are so wrong if you actually believing that mess. I can make anything delicious and flavorful. I have so much variety and amazingness to my meals. It’s not all celery and carrot sticks people!’
- Tofu is gross though, you’re nasty. I mean, that’s your opinion. I think it’s funny though that some of the people that say that… haven’t actually TRIED tofu. Crispy buffalo tofu bites…. *drool*
- But protein!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, no offense or anything, but if you think that meat is the only way that you get protein, you are a complete and total idiot. 100 calories of ground beef has 4 grams of protein, 100 calories of spinach has 13 grams.
- black beans
- So I should just give you my lawn clippings, right? Sure dude, because I live off of salad. I think I’ve had 3-4 salads in the past month.
- There are so many things that you can’t eat anymore. Aren’t you going to miss it? No. Anything you can make, I can make vegan. That’s just how it is.
- Being vegan is soooooo expensive. I couldn’t imagine doing that. The most expensive things that most people buy as far as groceries go are meat, cheese, and eggs. Since I went vegan, I spend less at the grocery store.
- How long are you going to do that? Well, depends on how long I want to live healthy I guess.
- Vegans are weaker because they don’t eat meat.
So, next time you think you are being cute or funny by saying any of these things, 1. your opinion means nothing to me 2. you’re talking out of your ass 3. I didn’t become vegan without doing any research. 4. Not all vegans are all about save the animals, I know that my clothes are made from animal products and I don’t plan on eating my pants. 5. My decision to become vegan doesn’t have any effect on you at all so don’t worry about me.
Just because I decided to do something for myself that is much healthier doesn’t mean you have to try and put me down because you don’t agree with it. Do some research before you open your mouth. You do you and I’ll do me.
Bring each other up, don’t put each other down. Know better, do better.
We had an awesome vacation last week, despite the fact that we got rained out of two of our day trips (the pool and the zoo). The first day, we took the kids to the Crayola Experience.
So tired. Only 2 more days until vacation… and I need it! My brain is just D O N E. Between juggling our schedules, Morgan’s appointments, work, and just life, I’m tired.
This week has been…. ugh. That’s all I can say about that.
I got hungry 3 nights ago. Not knowing what I wanted, I threw something together. Tofu sauteed in sesame oil with sweet, heat, chili sauce, green and wax beans, green onion, and sesame seeds. Turned out to be phenomenal!! Totally making this again!
2 nights ago we had Japanese curry. The hubs and the kids had theirs with panko crusted chicken and onions and I had mine with crispy tofu, onions, green onions, steamed broccoli, and garbanzo beans.
So yesterday for lunch… leftovers!!!!!!!!
I didn’t think that I could find much at the Chinese buffet if I went with my family… but that happened too!
I can’t wait until next week. I like spending time in Lancaster, PA because I get some super yummy fruits and veggies so dinners will be exceptionally good next week. Fresh and local is definitely the way to go.
Sorry that I missed the last few days. Morgan had a surgery Thursday (nothing crazy), spent a few days at my sister’s house, worked, and got to see some friends that I haven’t seen in a while/met for the first time.
So I made a breakfast scramble yesterday that was sooooo good. I tweaked the “egg” recipe to add extra garlic. It made them so much better.
“Eggs”. green and red bell peppers, onions (lots), and fresh and powdered garlic. Recipe for “eggs”:
1 block (15 ounces) of firm or extra firm (I prefer extra firm) tofu
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder (add more if you love garlic)
1/4 sea salt
1/4 turmeric powder
3 Tbsp.vegetable broth (I don’t use this, but I guess you can)
actual recipe here
So there ya go!
The kids love it too!
For lunch I made buffalo tofu bites, rosemary and olive oil quinoa, and garlic asparagus sauteed in coconut oil.
Press the tofu to get all the liquid out, coat in flour and dust off the excess, pan fry with peanut oil, and toss in your favorite buffalo wing sauce. If you like ranch
This is what I use because it’s the only one I can find in this area but there are other brands, and you can also make your own. Either way, this was a yummy lunch!
Dinner was easy…
Yesterday, I went to dinner with friends… Red Robin. Probably the best place to eat vegan. So glad that they have so many vegan choices, and they serve Boca burgers!
Twice in one day! I had to share this. My sister made taco lasagna for dinner… So I made some too!
1 pack of extra firm tofu, 1 packet of taco seasoning (or mix your own), 1 bag of shredded “cheese” (I used pepper jack shown above), and lasagna noodles (I learned my lesson, don’t use the no boil noodles). Make your tofu up with the taco seasoning and then layer like you would regular lasagna. Bake until done and then top with your favorite taco toppings!!!!
The kids both loved it and so did I.
For dessert, dark chocolate truffle ice cream. Yummy!
Food is getting more and more yummy. I am thankful that something like Pintrest exists! I can type in “vegan buffalo bites” and it shows be a ton of recipes with all different ingredients. My friend sent me this awesome article this morning:
So that’s awesome! Also, I really want to try jack fruit!
Heading to my sister’s house today for 2 days. Packing some yummies with me. Avocado, my “fake” chicken, and some roasted garlic that I made. yum yum!
Ugh, headaches. Meat detox headaches are the worst. Just a part of the process. I know that it will only last a day or 2, so I’m fine with it. Made some yummies today!
Yummy Kidney bean burger with vegan pepper jack cheese, vegan mayo, and super fresh onions *cries*. Five guys fries were definitely a nice treat as well as some asparagus sauteed in coconut oil… and I veganized my Great Grandmother’s cucumber salad. I was nervous about doing that but it tasted EXACTLY the same. I wish she was here to try it.
Dinner was just as good, if not better!
Fettuccine with sliced portabella mushrooms, asparagus, and a yummy pesto sauce (EVOO, basil, garlic, toasted pine nuts, and fresh cracked black pepper). Of course I got all of the mushrooms since no one else in the house eats them besides me. Their loss, I make them sooooo yummy. I could eat this all day.
Come on guys! Hit me with some recipes! I want to try everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!